It seems like we are always busy with one project or another. Mostly, we work together, like when we split and stack firewood or butcher a deer, but, every once in a while, each member of our household seems to be knee-deep in a project of their own. Such was the case this weekend when we were all competing for limited workspace to bring our individual projects into fruition. Our home was a positive hothouse of industry!
After numerous attempts to repair tears on our leather couch, I decided it was time to make new covers for the cushions. It really looked a mess, but it is so comfortable, I couldn't even think of junking it in favor for something else. I have a bad habit of keeping upholstery fabric laying about, just in case - so I dug through my stash and came up with a partial bolt that had enough fabric left to make cushion covers with enough left over for a few pillows as well. After I took measurements of the couch cushions, I cleared the table, rolled out the fabric and began cutting. An hour later, I had all of the pieces I needed to make new covers and transform our tattered couch.
|Our tattered couch|
While I was busy cutting and sewing, Maid Elizabeth was busy weaving. She decided that our dog needed a new collar and went to work fashioning one out of black and green para-cord, adding nails here and there for added armor. It took her a number of hours, however the finished product was rather impressive.
|Weaving a collar|
As I sewed and Maid Elizabeth wove, Sir Knight and Master Hand Grenade put new furniture on a 10/22. Master Hand Grenade wanted to turn his humble .22 into a fierce looking HK G36 (which is isn't really, of course, but the Archangel kit just makes it look like the G36).
|Installing new furniture|
|Dad's help required|
Our afternoon was brought to a close with many finished projects. Our couch was newly dressed, our dog had a new collar and Master Hand Grenade had transformed his varmint rifle into something fearsome. Oh, the satisfaction in a job well done!